How COVID-19 Elderly Care Prevents The Top-4 “Hidden Pandemic Threats”
The risks of COVID-19 infection are well known, but that’s not the only threat posed by the pandemic. Today’s post highlights how our COVID-19 elderly care service protects seniors from the top-4 “hidden pandemic threats” reported in Oakville, ON.
Read on to learn more, or call (905)-592-4886 to speak directly with a COVID-19 elderly care coordinator near you.
“Hidden Pandemic Threats” Pose Elderly Care Concerns In Oakville, ON
According to the Government of Canada website, COVID-19 can result in severe illness for older adults. In fact, the risk of serious infection is positively correlated to age, increasing exponentially with each decade, especially past age 60.
Additionally, COVID-19 poses serious health risks for individuals who are immunocompromised or living with any of the following medical conditions, most of which are prevalent among senior demographics:
- Lung disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
Of course, by now, most of us are well-aware of the threat that COVID-19 infection poses for seniors. But infection isn’t the only risk factor at play. Indeed, some of the following “hidden pandemic threats” give even greater cause for concern:
- Social isolation and loneliness while shelter-in-place orders are in effect
- Poor nutrition as a result of unwillingness to leave the home for fresh food or inability to cook
- Inactivity and poor health habits due to stress and limited mobility
- Slip-and-fall injuries suffered at home alone without a caregiver
Until the pandemic threat period has passed, we must remain diligent about supporting our vulnerable seniors and heading off these “hidden” threats. But that’s easier said than done for some family caregivers, especially those members of the “Sandwich generation,” who are already stretched thin between child care. But that’s where our elderly care solutions make all the difference.
How COVID-19 Elderly Care Prevents “Hidden Pandemic Threats”
- Eliminate the risk of social isolation with a single phone call. Whenever and wherever your loved one needs company, our elderly care team will be there. We invest serious effort into our matchmaking process to ensure your loved one feels comfortable in our care, and we’re always happy to suggest fun activities and provide quality conversation while they shelter-in-place. What’s more, we facilitate COVID-safe visits with family and friends, and we can also help set up video chats to keep families connected from afar.
- Eat better without compromising COVID-safety. If your loved one is unwilling or unable to buy groceries and prepare fresh, healthy meals on a regular basis during lockdowns, leave it up to our elderly care team. We’ll take care of the grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning, making sure that everything is disinfected before it enters the home, and providing fresh, healthy meals with fast-food convenience.
- Maintain your healthy lifestyle during lockdown with elderly care. While you may not be able to visit your local gym for the time being, that doesn’t mean your healthy habits need to fall by the wayside. Our elderly care team can purchase home exercise equipment, find free online fitness resources, and even join your loved one for light exercise or outdoor activities. Whatever your loved one decides to do, we’ll monitor their workout so they can give it their all with complete peace of mind, never having to worry about slipping and falling or overdoing it with nobody there to help!
- Fall-proof the home care environment. With most of us spending more time at home during the lockdown, it’s even more important to fall-proof your home care environment, and recruiting an elderly care provider is one of the best slip-and-fall interventions out there. Not only do we provide assistance with all activities of daily living, and monitor your loved one for the duration of our care visit, but our elderly care providers can advise on the purchase and installation of safety equipment, such as grab bars, anti-slip mats, and toileting aids.
Get A Free Quote On COVID-19 Elderly Care In Oakville, ON
Booking your free COVID-19 elderly care consultation is easy! Simply call (905)-592-4886, or request a callback by filling out the online contact form on our website.