How Always Best Care Senior Services Helps Oakville Caregivers In Crisis
Today’s post reviews the reality of Oakville’s caregiver crisis, then explains how easy it is to find respite with Always Best Care Senior Services. Read on or call 905-592-4886 to speak with a homecare specialist straight away.
Family Caregivers Need Support In Oakville, ON
In Ontario, 97% of adults receiving publicly funded home care over a long or indefinite period also have at least one unpaid caregiver supporting them simultaneously, according to research by Health Quality Ontario. More often than not, this unpaid caregiver is a family member, such as a spouse, adult child, or relative, although occasionally care is provided by friends or neighbours, too.
And though caring for a friend or family member can be a deeply rewarding experience, it can also be incredibly taxing, especially for those already juggling full-time careers and families of their own. In some cases, the challenges of caregiving may even lead to caregiver burden, a chronic stress condition linked to a bevy of mental and physical health problems, ranging from feelings of hopelessness and anxiety to increased rates of all-cause mortality.
Health Quality Ontario’s new report, titled The Reality of Caring, found:
- One third of caregivers experienced distress, anger, or depression in relation to their caregiving role, or were unable to continue in that role—more than double the rate measured in previous studies in 2009-2010
- It would cost more than $30-billion annually, at market rates for wages and benefits, to pay professional care providers to deliver the hours of care provided across Canada by family caretakers aged 45 and older
With most experts predicting the rate of senior population growth to continue at its unprecedented rate for the foreseeable future, and the vast majority of seniors desiring to “age in place” in the comfort of their homes, it’s clear that Oakville families need sustainable homecare solutions. And that’s where Always Best Care steps in.
Always Best Care Senior Services Help Oakville Caregivers In Crisis
To support Oakville’s family caregivers any way they need, Always Best Care offers a complete range of senior care, including:
- Companionship services
- Transportation services
- Housekeeping services
- Supervision services
- Personal care services, and more
Every care plan is 100% personalized to the individual, completely scalable, and available on-demand, 24/7. In this way, we’re able to provide much-needed respite for Oakville’s caregivers in crisis, whenever and wherever it’s needed. Whether your loved one needs a bit of company or the occasional helping hand, or they require more intensive, 24/7 live-in care, you’ll find everything you need with Always Best Care Senior Services.
Whatever care service you choose, we guarantee:
- Flexible care plans—No hourly minimums or binding contracts
- Caregiver compatibility—We go above and beyond with our caregiver matchmaking process to ensure compatibility, and all clients get unlimited substitutions
- Personalized service—Every care need is different, so don’t settle for “stock solutions”
- Trustworthy caregivers—All caregivers are thoroughly vetted, licensed, bonded, and insured
- COVID-safe service—Learn more on our COVID-19 policy page
Learn More About Always Best Care Senior Services In Oakville, ON
Call (905)-592-4886 or visit the Always Best Care of Oakville website to learn more and book a free consultation with our homecare team.